10 reasons not to miss CyberMaryland 2013
To celebrate the state’s booming industry, promote growth and foster the next generation of cyber experts, CyberMaryland 2013 will be held Oct. 8-9 at the Baltimore Convention Center. The two-day conference is sponsored by CyberMaryland, Maryland’s cybersecurity initiative launched by Governor Martin O’Malley in January 2010, as well as other companies and industry organizations.
Find additional details and registration here on the here on the event website.
Industry veterans, employers, educators, students and prospective cybersecurity workers should take advantage of the conference’s opportunities.
Here are 10 reasons why:
- University of Maryland Baltimore County President Dr. Freeman Hrabowski, recently named by Time magazine one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World, will discuss the role of higher education in preparing future generations of cyber warriors.
- The Cybersecurity Showcase & Expo will feature the latest in cybersecurity technologies presented by some of Maryland’s most innovative and effective companies.
- The policy-makers and decision-makers who are leading government cybersecurity will be available to present and consult with attendees.
- Special sessions will cover topics like Privacy vs. Protection, Risk Management in the Era of Cyber Warfare, and more.
- Live “cyber battles” will meld friendly competition and innovation among the region’s top high school, college and professional teams in the Maryland Cyber Challenge, held in conjunction with the conference.
- In an era of cyber warfare, visitors can gain useful risk management training during a general session presentation with a Tenable officer.
- A hiring event, in partnership with TECHEXPO, will feature recruiters from Invertix, Security University, Deloitte, GovEvents, Dynamics Research Corp, Lockheed Martin, Agilex Technologies, Inc. and others.
- Speakers will represent thriving cyber companies including KoolSpan, Tenable, Light Point Security and RedOwl Analytics.
- A two-hour workshop will provide information on financing a cybersecurity startup for success.
- The National Cybersecurity Hall of Fame will induct its second class of honorees from industry, academia, and government at an awards banquet following the CyberMaryland conference.