american pickers flyerThe Maryland Film Office is excited to announce that History Channel’s hit reality show American Pickers will be coming to the State in August.

The show follows Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz on their journey across the United States, searching for diamonds in the rough among the forgotten junk in people’s basements and sheds. Wolfe and Fritz have over 10 years of antique hunting experience between them, and they ‘pick’ everything from vintage cars and motorcycles to Civil War memorabilia and movie posters.

“This is a great way to highlight unique collectors in Maryland and the stories behind their collections,” says Jack Gerbes, Director of the Maryland Film Office.

While in Maryland, American Pickers will be visiting private sellers only; no shops or flea markets. Now may be the time to take a look in that closet where you’ve stored your family’s old belongings—if you have ever seen the show you know that one person’s junk can be Wolfe and Fritz’ treasure.

If you or someone you know has an item of interest and is interested in being featured on the show, email americanpickers@cineflix.com or call 1-855-OLD-RUST and leave a message.

Previous post

Howard County company profile: VoMaSmart

Next post

Local women-owned business breaks the mold

The Author

Julia Cora

Julia Cora

24 Comments

1. Carolyn DAVIS
    July 9, 2015 at 10:37 pm — Reply

28155 old village rd.I have a warehouse that used to be a warehouse for an old general store. We have an old gas pump, an old pinball machine, it was the kind with no flippers, a working 35 bottle coke machine with more.also my family has some more old horse barns with lots of old amusement stuff.

• July 10, 2015 at 9:45 am — Reply

Hi Carolyn, contact the pickers through the email address or phone number listed above. Hope you hear from them soon!

2. Jamie
    July 9, 2015 at 10:45 pm — Reply

My father just passed 6 months ago and my parents were hoarders, my mom lives in Silver Run. For some strange reason I feel like you have been to my parents before when I was a teenager.

• July 10, 2015 at 10:46 am — Reply

Hi Jamie, you never know! Send them an email and see if they respond!

3. Ernie Miller
    July 10, 2015 at 11:25 am — Reply

Hi guys, FYI just to let you know if you are interested I have some
    WW ll items and some old toys also some old clowns. Will send you
    Pictures if you want. I am in small town in MD. Perryville. 21903
    Thank you and we hope to see you here. If so I will see if anyone else has any related items.
    You can contact me at the above e-mail address or (410-920-5079)
    Thank you again. Ernie

• July 10, 2015 at 11:30 am — Reply

Hi Ernie, you’ll need to contact the pickers through the information provided above.

4. Shary chaney
    July 10, 2015 at 12:32 pm — Reply

Hello i sent tou picture of a huge colt 45 half of a beer can but 10-13′ tall and my mom has a 20×40 shed and t 2 other small shed full of antiques and stuff …i think my mom has some old motor cycles also. we live in owings md..

• July 10, 2015 at 12:42 pm — Reply

Hi, you will need to contact the pickers through the information provided above.

5. charlie tyson
    July 10, 2015 at 3:01 pm — Reply

Have a garage couple sheds a house trailer and an old farm house full of good stuff. Have a 41 knuckelhead and a 51 panhead. Rusty gold! There are 2differnt places. Would like to hear back from you guys. Thanks safe travils

• July 10, 2015 at 3:07 pm — Reply

• james flanagan
      July 10, 2015 at 5:41 pm — Reply

Hi, If you are interested I own an antique mall and we are always looking for buildings to go through and buy what is in there. Please email me back if you would like to meet up if the pickers don’t come through. Thanks Jim

6. Ronald McBroom
    July 10, 2015 at 3:46 pm — Reply

I have an old black powder guns I will give yall if I can getan autograph thank you

• July 10, 2015 at 4:29 pm — Reply

7. Angee Wilson
    July 10, 2015 at 10:25 pm — Reply

Good lord people, read the directions! An email address and phone number is provided. Can’t you see the other people posting their information are answered the same way? CONTACT HE PICKERS THROUGH THE INFO PROVIDED.

On another note, I love they are coming to my state. Can’t wait to see that episode!

8. Kathy
    July 10, 2015 at 11:04 pm — Reply

Please come to my house! You won’t be disappointed! I promise! My husband is a real organized hoaxer!!

9. Nadia
    July 11, 2015 at 8:11 am — Reply

Exciting! I hope someone can please show them how to eat crabs this time around. In the other episode where they came through MD, they went to get crabs and just smashed them with the mallets and then complained that crabs were too hard to eat. It hurt my heart 😉 Maybe the MD Film Office can send an ambassador to show them how to pick crabs the right way? It might be cute and anything would be better than watching them smash crabs to smithereens again! Oh the humanity!

10. Korrie
    July 11, 2015 at 5:31 pm — Reply

When will the show air, me and my husband are huge fans even before it really caught on

• July 13, 2015 at 9:08 am — Reply

No official air date yet, but stay tuned!

11. Larry Wilder
    July 11, 2015 at 11:12 pm — Reply

I don’t have anything of interest to the guys, but if I did I’d be sure to utilize the contact information shared in the article above. Just sayin’ 🙂

12. July 13, 2015 at 3:30 am — Reply

Thanks for giving such an exciting news.

13. Ricky Travers
    July 14, 2015 at 8:38 pm — Reply

I have many country store items the store started in 1937.

14. August 9, 2015 at 6:20 pm — Reply

Love you guys … Live in Md. Would love to know went the show will be aired… Thanks

15. Eric
    October 13, 2015 at 10:08 pm — Reply

I just happened across and met Mike, Frank and the crew filming this weekend in Howard County. Awesome people! Cant wait to see the episode.

16. […] Last summer1, the hosts of History Channel s hit show American Pickers2 rolled through town looking for unique, antique and collectible items. What they found will air in an episode Wednesday February 17th at 9pm. Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz visited the site of the former Eastern Shore Americana Museum3 located near Crisfield in Somerset County. […]