Maryland leads delegation to Singapore Air Show
Maryland Commerce is overseas this week leading a delegation of companies to the Singapore Air Show, the largest aerospace and defense event in Asia. Held February 6-11, this is the first time Commerce has exhibited at the global trade show, promoting the state’s aerospace assets and unparalleled workforce.
The six local companies joining us in the Maryland booth include:
- Newton, LLC, a satellite engineering services small business in Hyattsville
- TCOM, a Columbia-headquartered company focused on airborne surveillance
- Maven Engineering Corporation, a woman-owned company manufacturing aircraft and locomotive parts in Rockville
- WGS Systems, an award-winning Frederick business specializing in tactical management systems
- Phelps Industrial Products, a global manufacturer and distributor of specialty gaskets out of Elkridge
- BAON Enterprises, an Annapolis-based company with more than 30 years of experience in defense and technology
As the continent’s largest airshow, the exhibition brings together the leaders in the aerospace and defense industry, as well as government and military officials, every two years. In 2016, the show hosted more than 1,000 companies from 48 countries and regions, as well as 48,000 visitors.
“The show is excellent. We have already developed six new opportunities and we have been invited to participate in a startup incubator in Singapore,” said Scott Gornall, owner and vice president of sales at BAON Enterprises.
“We are very excited about the opportunities and access to the Asia market that we, as a small company, would not normally have,” said Jodi Sokol, director of business development for TCOM.
Maryland Commerce helps small and mid-sized companies offset the costs of traveling and marketing at international trade shows by providing ExportMD grants. To learn more about the ExportMD program and eligibility requirements, visit our website.
Stay up to date with the latest international news from Maryland Commerce on Twitter with the hashtag #mdGlobal.